I did an exclusive mix for the legendary Ninja-Tune-operated Solid Steel show. Hope you dig it.
01. Damu The Fudgemunk – Assembly Line (Redefinition Records)
02. Damu The Fudgemunk – 2004 Beat Original (Redefinition Records)
03. Pete Rock – Strange Fruit (Loud Records)
04. Cypress Hill – Funk Freakers (Ruffhouse)
05. DJ Shadow – Heavy Mood (Reconstruction Productions)
06. FatGyver – Monday Stroll (Redefinition Records forthcoming)
07. FatGyver – Celestial (Redefinition Records forthcoming)
08. Danny Breaks – Beat Biter (Droppin’ Science)
09. Fanu – Street Sermon (Lightless)
10. Photek – Consciousness (Metalheadz)
11. Om Unit – Timelines (Metalheadz)
12. Coleco – Spatial (Inflect)
13. Photek – Aleph 1 (Virgin)
14. Paradox – Play Twice Before Listening (Paradox Music)
15. Fanu – Ninja Chicks (Darkestral Ice)
16. Adam Elemental – Poly6 (Runtime)
17. Fanu – Paracosm (Lightless Recordings)
18. DJ Krush – Maze (Mo Wax)
19. Jay-Z – Dead Presidents (Priority)
20. Lonnie Liston Smith – A Garden Of Peace (Doctor Jazz Records)
21. V-Love – The Wilderness (Icon Records)
22. Klaus Layer – Immer Noch Hungrig (Redefinition Records)
23. Raw Poetic & K-Def – Stealin’ Bread (Redefinition Records)
I addressed a question, ”Should I continue making music” on a music forum, and upon finishing, I thought that the reply, which came out way longer than I initially expected, would make a decent blog post, for it’s been in the back of my mind to blog about that particular topic because, every now and then, I am asked how long I’ve been making music, how long did it take until I started getting songs released – ”Should I quit because I’ve been making music for X years and still haven’t got signed” etc… so here we go.
Should I make music? Should you make music? Let’s find out. Continue reading “Should I make music?”
As some of you may know, I’ve been doing small-time Ableton tuition business, Fanu’s Ableton Live Training, teaching how to use Ableton Live. I’ve been thinking of expanding my tuition a little – to cover making electronic music basics in general. So far I’ve only been teaching Ableton Live, but I’m capable of also teaching Akai MPC (Renaissance / 4000) as well as Maschine (MK1 / Studio) – or, we could take a look at studying making electronic music in general without emphasis on any device per se. For now, this’d happen in Helsinki area, but nothing says I can’t travel internationally if the fees are covered – after all, this is what I’ve been doing as a DJ for a decade, and I’m also offering to teach the basics of DJing using Technics turntables as well.
So if you or your friends are interested in learning how to make electronic music, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0456718221. I’ve been making electronic music for 20 years, and I also happen to be a qualified teacher (MA from the University of Helsinki).
Spread the word and let’s make some beats!
Recue – untitled dub
Om Unit x Moresounds – Nuff Music (Cosmic Bridge forthcoming)
Fracture – Gripping Grain (Exit forthcoming)
EAN – I Bus The Mic (Cosmic Bridge forthcoming) Continue reading Radioshow archive (May 19, 2014)