I did an “SP1200izer” audio effect rack for Ableton Live.
How did I do it? I sampled two drumloops into my SP 1200 and back, and then put those on an audio track in Live and decided to try and make the original versions sound as close to the SP 1200 versions as possible. The result is this audio effect rack for Ableton Live.
Fanu’s Short Studio Masterclass episode 2 is out today!
The topics in this episode:
1. Keymapping tracks with variations of a sound
2. Using an extra kick to give a beat more oomph – and making room for it
3. Making sure a heavy kick and sub bass are not clashing
4. Ensuring/fixing mono compatibility
5. EQ sweeps on master to cut resonances
6. Bass music sub level tip
7. Tools for controlling sub
I really hope you find some of this useful.
If you do, let a friend know and subscribe to my Youtube channel.
I’ve been meaning and promising to do a masterclass video for years, but never find the appropriate mindstate or time for it, so I thought I might do shorter videos every now and then to share some thoughts and all that jazz to also keep it shorter and easier to digest Continue reading [Video] Short Studio Masterclass part 1→
For this week’s CB video, I tackled the SOUNDS GOOD BRO meme, unraveling the running-it-all-as-red-as-you-can audio myth a bit. If 32-bit audio is not something you’re familiar with, this may be useful.