DJ bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re heading towards the darker time of the year, and that sure as heck can be felt and heard.
Put together a fairly deep and dark mix of very breaky tunes.
NOTE: Do NOT listen if you’re allergic to breaks, as the breaks content here is HIGH!
100% drum and bass power and you know it.
Fanu – Stages (Lightless)
Dj Krust – Flip It (Dom & Roland Productions)
Mister Shifter – Roll Like Thunder (dub)
Reso – Kodama (RX0)
Seba & Jr Vallo – -15 (Secret Operations dub)
SDS – Black Dahlia (dub)
Ilk – Future (dub)
Homemade Weapons – Clarion Call (Samurai Music)
J Majik – Your Sound (SB81 Remix) (Metalheadz)
Andy Skopes – Let Go (Metalheadz)
Detboi – Secret Venom (Metalheadz)
Mister Shifter – Dreada (dub)
Fanu – Meadowhill Melody (Lightless)
Podcast: Play in new window
Happy to let you know I’ve been working on a lot of music since my last album. Got two full-lengths done, but before those, here’s a snack.
These are the first two tracks I did with the Elektron Octatrack sampler. D&B.
• Apple Music
• Google Play
• MEADOWHILL MELODY was inspired by Lemon D’s ” Continue reading New release: Octatrack 2-tracker
Tools of the trade from a mixing + mastering project from tracks for a client tackled (drum and bass).
Some trusted plugins here:
• Massey Tapehead is my favorite “beef-it-up-izer”…use it on wimpy drumsounds every time to give them a bit of girth. Also great in reducing excessive highs.
• iZotope Neutron transient designer is unbeatable in shaping the “shape” and tone of a drumsound…make it snappier or less so, brighter, longer, etc…love it.
• Oeksound Soothe is my number one tool in taming harsh resonances. And it makes it so dang easy for you. Use it on vox, harsh drums, sax, guitars…everything. Love the Delta mode, so you can hear exactly what you’re taking out.
• Slate Digital LLC goodies are all honey Continue reading Tools of the trade part 1
Tools of the trade part 2.
This is from an electronic project done for a good vocalist.
• The Universal Audio SSL strip is working as a gate, eliminating plosives from the vocal tracks.
• The two compressors below it, LA-3A and LA2A, are my trusted vocal track levelers. If you need it, you can also introduce some lively distortion to the vocal and even go towards “radio voice” if you really push them.
• Soundradix Surfer EQ is Continue reading Tools of the trade part 2
One tip relating to bassline / sub content in bass music.
You should be able to hum or sing the melody of it, ideally.
What do I mean by this? Every now and then I receive songs for mastering that have a really messy low end – boxy, rumbly, undefined – and it’s genuinely hard to tell what the sub is doing or hear it properly.
Sometimes it’s because the sub o Continue reading Sub bass tip
Some Phatventures news ya’ll.
If you didn’t know, Phatventures is my new label for hip hop.
1) The continuous Helsinkinstrumentals album “mix” is now freely downloadable thru my Soundcloud (see a link).
If you missed it, it’s my second hip hop full-length that was released on tape and digital earlier this year. Continue reading Phatventures news + free album mix download