I happened to upload the stems for “Stages” for a friend.
After doing that, I thought, why not let anyone have a go at it.
So, if you wish to download the stems, find them here.
They’ll be up for 7 days.
We’re heading towards the darker time of the year, and that sure as heck can be felt and heard.
Put together a fairly deep and dark mix of very breaky tunes.
NOTE: Do NOT listen if you’re allergic to breaks, as the breaks content here is HIGH!
Happy to let you know I’ve been working on a lot of music since my last album. Got two full-lengths done, but before those, here’s a snack.
These are the first two tracks I did with the Elektron Octatrack sampler. D&B.
Tools of the trade from a mixing + mastering project from tracks for a client tackled (drum and bass).
Some trusted plugins here:
• Massey Tapehead is my favorite “beef-it-up-izer”…use it on wimpy drumsounds every time to give them a bit of girth. Also great in reducing excessive highs.
• iZotope Neutron transient designer is unbeatable in shaping the “shape” and tone of a drumsound…make it snappier or less so, brighter, longer, etc…love it.
• Oeksound Soothe is my number one tool in taming harsh resonances. And it makes it so dang easy for you. Use it on vox, harsh drums, sax, guitars…everything. Love the Delta mode, so you can hear exactly what you’re taking out.
• Slate Digital LLC goodies are all honey Continue reading Tools of the trade part 1→
This is from an electronic project done for a good vocalist.
• The Universal Audio SSL strip is working as a gate, eliminating plosives from the vocal tracks.
• The two compressors below it, LA-3A and LA2A, are my trusted vocal track levelers. If you need it, you can also introduce some lively distortion to the vocal and even go towards “radio voice” if you really push them.
• Soundradix Surfer EQ is Continue reading Tools of the trade part 2→