Perfectionism is a topic that a few followers have brought up recently as the topic of productivity has been discussed in my blog as well as many others. I’ve been asked how I tackle perfectionism and how I get music made instead of honing on the small details for a long time.
That’s a good question, and I’ve definitely been there: Continue reading On perfectionism
Concentrating on your work – especially creative work that needs a bit of inspiration – seems to be the hot topic these days, but it’s that for a reason.
The modern man with all his contemporary digital distractions, let alone non-digital ones brought on by life, can get in the way of one’s creative process and gnaw on one’s inspiration.
This can stop the juices from flowing, and certain principles can be of help.
Here’s a few ideas on how I keep the production going. These are about making music but I can’t see why this couldn’t be applied to any creative work. Continue reading Keep the creative juices flowing and inspiration ignited…how?
I did a mix for Vice.
Peep it on the Vice site or on Soundcloud.
01. Moresounds – Altercations [dub]
02. Ital Tek – The Flood [Civil Music]
03. Om Unit – Swimming Dragon – Ital Tek remix [Civil Music]
04. Ital Tek – Hyper Real – Deft remix [Civil Music]
05. LAS – Liketha – Desto remix [Signal Life]
06. Fanu – Hyde [dub]
07. Calculon & Austin Speed – Get Murked – Fanu remix [Shoot Recordings dub]
08. Tessela – Hackney Parrot – Sam Binga’s Crackney Parrot refix [dub]
09. Fanu – Who Dat [dub]
10. Special Request – Black Ops [Houndstooth]
11. Pawn and Calculon – Larchmont – Om Unit remix [Shoot Recordings dub]
12. Bay B Kane – Jungle Warriors [Whitehouse Records]
13. Nonfuture – Too Bad [Ground Mass]
14. Coleco – Focus 10 [Runtime Records]
15. Graphs – Cloud Gate [dub]
16. Coleco – Expanded Awareness [Lightless dub]
17. Stray – Prof Popper [Exit]
18. Fistfunk – Tetsuo [Lightless]
19. Fanu – Drumsö Fuzz [Lightless]
20. Fanu – Paracosm [Lightless dub]
21. Jaquan – Telepath [free download]
22. Somejerk – Some Jungle Tune [free download]
23. Nasty Habits – Shadowboxing – Om Unit remix [31 Records dub]
24. Nonfuture & Migat – Cousin Roland [Ground Mass]
Do we look like the kinda guys who have time to do a tracklist?
DOWNLOAD IT AND FEEL THE MUSIC.
DJ Krush, Ital Tek, Fanu + Coleco, Moresounds, Seiji, Om Unit, Binga, FD, Future Cut, Hidden Element, Enjoy, Fracture + Neptune, Teebee + Calyx, Somejerk, Delinquent Habits, DJ Fresh, Chrissy Murderbot, Code Of Practice / Klute, Fanu, Skeptical, Gremlinz + Ahmad, Docius, Dom & Roland, Domu, Graphs, Usual Suspects, Cause 4 Concern, Stray, Trisector, Adam Elemental, Bad Company, Quadrant & Iris & Calculon, Stray, Public Enemy…
Inflect Bristol were kind enough to ask me to do a mix for them. I put together a 60-minute mix to encapsulate the style of music I’ve been feeling lately.
Read about it and listen on the blog.
There’s been some notes for a blog post on my notepad for a while, but I just haven’t found the right time to do it. Today, I was so inspired by some tweets as well as blog posts by friends Andrew Apanov and Resound (who always have some grrrreat stuff to say regarding productivity, productions, promotion, and all that sort biz and keeping it all zen and stuff) that I felt it’s time to get busy with a bit of bloggery.
These are thoughts relating to productivity. In my case it’s mostly about music, but Continue reading On productivity