Fanu’s Short Studio Masterclass episode 2 is out today!
The topics in this episode:
1. Keymapping tracks with variations of a sound
2. Using an extra kick to give a beat more oomph – and making room for it
3. Making sure a heavy kick and sub bass are not clashing
4. Ensuring/fixing mono compatibility
5. EQ sweeps on master to cut resonances
6. Bass music sub level tip
7. Tools for controlling sub
I really hope you find some of this useful.
If you do, let a friend know and subscribe to my Youtube channel.
I’ve been meaning and promising to do a masterclass video for years, but never find the appropriate mindstate or time for it, so I thought I might do shorter videos every now and then to share some thoughts and all that jazz to also keep it shorter and easier to digest Continue reading [Video] Short Studio Masterclass part 1→
For this week’s CB video, I tackled the SOUNDS GOOD BRO meme, unraveling the running-it-all-as-red-as-you-can audio myth a bit. If 32-bit audio is not something you’re familiar with, this may be useful.
it’s time to get a bit deeper and more tech with the FM synthesis capabilities of Ableton Sampler. This allows for way deeper options for tonal variation. Doing this with a kick drum in the video, but could be used for other sounds as well.