On this release I wanted to study the 160 bpm slow/fast type of drum and bass. I also brought in a friend, DJ Pushups, with an even slower track that fits the aesthetics well. The slower tempo has been in the air for a while, and I’ve been playing with it and feeling excited. The tempo allows for more space. There are so many good and genuinely fresh vibes in that field.
I did an exclusive mix for the legendary Ninja-Tune-operated Solid Steel show. Hope you dig it.
01. Damu The Fudgemunk – Assembly Line (Redefinition Records)
02. Damu The Fudgemunk – 2004 Beat Original (Redefinition Records)
03. Pete Rock – Strange Fruit (Loud Records)
04. Cypress Hill – Funk Freakers (Ruffhouse)
05. DJ Shadow – Heavy Mood (Reconstruction Productions)
06. FatGyver – Monday Stroll (Redefinition Records forthcoming)
07. FatGyver – Celestial (Redefinition Records forthcoming)
08. Danny Breaks – Beat Biter (Droppin’ Science)
09. Fanu – Street Sermon (Lightless)
10. Photek – Consciousness (Metalheadz)
11. Om Unit – Timelines (Metalheadz)
12. Coleco – Spatial (Inflect)
13. Photek – Aleph 1 (Virgin)
14. Paradox – Play Twice Before Listening (Paradox Music)
15. Fanu – Ninja Chicks (Darkestral Ice)
16. Adam Elemental – Poly6 (Runtime)
17. Fanu – Paracosm (Lightless Recordings)
18. DJ Krush – Maze (Mo Wax)
19. Jay-Z – Dead Presidents (Priority)
20. Lonnie Liston Smith – A Garden Of Peace (Doctor Jazz Records)
21. V-Love – The Wilderness (Icon Records)
22. Klaus Layer – Immer Noch Hungrig (Redefinition Records)
23. Raw Poetic & K-Def – Stealin’ Bread (Redefinition Records)
I addressed a question, ”Should I continue making music” on a music forum, and upon finishing, I thought that the reply, which came out way longer than I initially expected, would make a decent blog post, for it’s been in the back of my mind to blog about that particular topic because, every now and then, I am asked how long I’ve been making music, how long did it take until I started getting songs released – ”Should I quit because I’ve been making music for X years and still haven’t got signed” etc… so here we go.
Should I make music? Should you make music? Let’s find out. Continue reading “Should I make music?”
Perfectionism is a topic that a few followers have brought up recently as the topic of productivity has been discussed in my blog as well as many others. I’ve been asked how I tackle perfectionism and how I get music made instead of honing on the small details for a long time.
That’s a good question, and I’ve definitely been there: Continue reading On perfectionism
Concentrating on your work – especially creative work that needs a bit of inspiration – seems to be the hot topic these days, but it’s that for a reason.
The modern man with all his contemporary digital distractions, let alone non-digital ones brought on by life, can get in the way of one’s creative process and gnaw on one’s inspiration.
This can stop the juices from flowing, and certain principles can be of help.
Here’s a few ideas on how I keep the production going. These are about making music but I can’t see why this couldn’t be applied to any creative work. Continue reading Keep the creative juices flowing and inspiration ignited…how?
01. Moresounds – Altercations [dub]
02. Ital Tek – The Flood [Civil Music]
03. Om Unit – Swimming Dragon – Ital Tek remix [Civil Music]
04. Ital Tek – Hyper Real – Deft remix [Civil Music]
05. LAS – Liketha – Desto remix [Signal Life]
06. Fanu – Hyde [dub]
07. Calculon & Austin Speed – Get Murked – Fanu remix [Shoot Recordings dub]
08. Tessela – Hackney Parrot – Sam Binga’s Crackney Parrot refix [dub]
09. Fanu – Who Dat [dub]
10. Special Request – Black Ops [Houndstooth]
11. Pawn and Calculon – Larchmont – Om Unit remix [Shoot Recordings dub]
12. Bay B Kane – Jungle Warriors [Whitehouse Records]
13. Nonfuture – Too Bad [Ground Mass]
14. Coleco – Focus 10 [Runtime Records]
15. Graphs – Cloud Gate [dub]
16. Coleco – Expanded Awareness [Lightless dub]
17. Stray – Prof Popper [Exit]
18. Fistfunk – Tetsuo [Lightless]
19. Fanu – Drumsö Fuzz [Lightless]
20. Fanu – Paracosm [Lightless dub]
21. Jaquan – Telepath [free download]
22. Somejerk – Some Jungle Tune [free download]
23. Nasty Habits – Shadowboxing – Om Unit remix [31 Records dub]
24. Nonfuture & Migat – Cousin Roland [Ground Mass]